first_imgTOTTENHAM stars showed their support for under-fire Mauricio Pochettino by treating him to a slap-up meal at a posh Mayfair restaurant.Struggling Spurs players texted the Argentine boss asking him to meet them at Novikov – a favourite dining spot for millionaire Premier League footballers.8 Contract rebel Christian Eriksen was in attendanceCredit: BackGrid8 Tottenham stars invited boss Mauricio Pochettino out for a plush mealCredit: BackGridPoch’s future and morale among the squad has been heavily called into question this season following a worrying drop in form.Last weekend’s draw at home to Watford left them 13 points adrift of Liverpool after just nine matches.But they bounced back with a bang in the Champions League by thrashing Red Star 5-0 on Tuesday.And any talk of the players’ commitment to their manager was quashed as they gathered together for a team bonding meal.Star players Harry Kane, Son Heung-min, contract rebel Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela were all in attendance.Last week, Poch revealed: “When you receive a text from the players inviting you and the coaching staff for a dinner one of two things can happen.“It is either because they want to say goodbye or because they feel that they love you and want to show that they are with you.“And I think it’s the second.“If they were going to say goodbye to me, they would do it here – not at a dinner.”Dele Alli also echoed the manager’s claims by insisting the players are “1,000 per cent” behind the boss.Asked whether the players are still behind their gaffer, Dele said: “Yeah, 1,000 per cent.”A lot of us would not be where we are now if it was not for him. All we can do is thank him.8most read in footballTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’NEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by CelticREF RELEASEDChampions League ref Vincic released by cops after arrest in prostitution raidKEANE DEALEx Man United youth ace David Jones says Roy Keane negotiated a contract for himREF RAIDChampions League ref Vincic ‘arrested in raid into drugs and prostitution ring’STIR IT UPBohemians post cryptic response to FIFA promoting a jersey with Bob Marley on itACCA WITH LADBROKES Pick up a whole load of acca features to help you land the big one“We have always trusted him 100 per cent and we are going to keep doing that. We are a team.”When things are not going our way it is easy for people to try and get at the manager but we need to look at ourselves as players.”We’re doing that and we are going to keep working hard.”8 Captain Harry Kane is trying to spearhead Tottenham’s revivalCredit: BackGrid8 Playmaker Dele Alli insists the players are behind the managerCredit: Splash News8 Son turned up wearing a fancy full-length jacketCredit: BackGrid8 Serge Aurier has struggled to impress the manager this seasonCredit: BackGrid8 Erik Lamela has been handed plenty of game time this seasonCredit: BackGridRed Star Belgrade fans make it into the Tottenham Hotspur stadium despite being banned by UEFA for racist chantinglast_img read more


first_imgWith Melbourne City Council thwarted in its attempts to restrict architect Nonda Katsalidis’ Australia 108 tower to the drawing board, the Council has invited Planning Minister Matthew Guy to add 64 conditions to its permit.This week the City’s Future Planning Committee declined to support an amendment to the already approved permit for the 388-metre tower. The amendment paves the way for a luxury hotel, restaurants and a skydeck to be added. The City’s latest objection is unlikely to affect the Minister Matthew Guy’s ruling on the matter. Mr Guy has been a staunch supporter of the project since its conception and has the ultimate say in all state planning approvals.At a meeting of the committee on Tuesday night, Mayor Robert Doyle told a packed council chamber that his major concern over Australia 108 was not in relation to its height, and though such issues should be taken into account he was not “exercised by the minutiae of this particular proposal.” “To me it’s become much more about the confidence in the public of our planning schemes,” said the Mayor.The arm-wrestle between the council and the state government’s Department of Planning and Community Development (DPCD) has dogged the project since Katsalidis’ plan was first unveiled more than four years ago.In 2010 the City’s objections to the building were found to be without merit by the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.Subsequently the Council invested heavily in drawing up a Southbank Structure Plan which seeks to limit the height of all new buildings in the area to less than 130 metres. The Council continues to maintain that Australia 108 does not meet set criteria for a building of state-wide or landmark significance. Neos Kosmos understands that the Minister is likely to disagree with that judgment. Architects Fender Katsalidis embarked on a consultative process with over 3000 local traders and residents in the Southbank area which resulted in few significant objections. The Minister is likely to sign-off the final Australia 108 permit amendment within weeks.Speaking to Neos Kosmos, Mayor Robert Doyle said that whilst the Council did not agree with the building going ahead, if it was given a permit, the City was asking for 64 conditions to be met. Those conditions include a request for the developer to provide $3500 per apartment for a City Road enhancement fund – targeted at capital improvement projects that fitted the council’s Southbank plan. With some 600 apartments scheduled for Australia 108, the levy, if put into effect, will realise over $2m.Mr Doyle added that whilst “a healthy tension” existed between the City and DPCD, he would rather have all developments come before the council, regardless of size, “The planning minister is the ultimate authority…the question is, is that a good relationship?” said Mr Doyle.Nonda Katsalidis, who attended the council meeting to make a presentation, told reporters after: “We’re keen to put forward the argument for what is going to be a very good building. “It’s in the right place and I think councillors can see that now.”Katsalidis described the Council’s Southbank scheme as “defunct”. “It’s regularly contravened. They need to look again at prescriptive approaches to height and gross floor areas,” said the architect.“You need to be flexible, you have to look at the context and judge sites by their own merits. For planners to sit down and do a master plan for a whole area, ten years later – it looks ridiculous.” Facebook Twitter: @NeosKosmos Instagramlast_img read more