first_imgThe home at 77 North Rd, Brighton, was once a church.Unique is a word often overused in real estate but this converted church is truly a one of a kind residence.The six-bedroom property at 77 North Rd, Brighton, is going under the hammer on Saturday, April 29 at 3pm.Marketing agent Kim Murdoch of Place Nundah said the former house of worship, on top of Brighton Hill, was a slice of heaven that had attracted “quite a bit” of interest.Murdoch said the current owners, a young couple, bought the 905sq m property with steepled church and separate Sunday school building 10 years ago.“When they bought it, it was a complete shell with nothing in it,” she said.The former church at 77 North Rd, Brighton.Now the church is a four-bedroom, two-bathroom home and the second building is a self-contained two-bedroom house with balcony.The main residence has polished timber floors, feature crisscross windows, gothic-shaped doors to the master bedroom, open plan living and a kitchen with breakfast bar.Outside there is a terrace area with travertine tiles and a timber deck.The second building has a man cave, two bedrooms, a kitchen, open plan living, a bathroom and garage parking for two cars.The Brighton home has a feature window next to the church steeple.Murdoch said the North Road home would suit a buyer looking for something different.“This is the third church I’ve marketed and I’ve found people who buy churches are normally extra special,” she said.“The churches have all been so different and, with the crisscross windows at the front, this one is very unique.”Also going to auction tomorrow is a three-bedroom bungalow that has belonged to the same owner since 1949.The home at 28 Solar St, Coorparoo.The home at 28 Solar St, Coorparoo will go under the hammer at 4.30pm on April 29.LJ Hooker Clayfield marketing agent Jason Gegg said the current owner bought the home with her husband after moving from Ingham 68 years ago.Her husband passed away 20 years ago and she remained, lovingly taking care of the property.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home5 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor5 hours agoGegg said the 95-year-old was selling to move in with her son.“The home is in a wonderful position — it has a reserve at the back — and has been really well looked after,” he said.“While some key rooms have been modernised over time the home has largely retained its authenticity.”The Solar St home has been lovingly maintained.The two-storey home has high ceilings, VJ panels and casement windows.Upstairs there are three bedrooms, a bathroom, kitchen, dining room and living room.Downstairs there is another living room, a second bathroom, a laundry and an office along with a garage and workshop.In Jindalee, a modern family home is going to auction at 11am on Saturday.The home at 138 Mount Ommaney Drive, JindaleeThe two-storey home at 138 Mount Ommaney Drive has four bedrooms, four bathrooms and parking for four cars.On the lower level there is a family room, storage rooms, a kitchenette, a bathroom and a laundry.Upstairs the open plan living, dining and kitchen opens to a covered deck at the front of the home and a terrace at the back.The Jindalee property has a modern floorplan including open living spaces.There is a built-in wood fire in the living room and the kitchen has a walk-in pantry, Siemens appliances, two built-in ovens, Teppanyaki cook plate, coffee machine and wine fridge.The master and second bedrooms have ensuites and all bedrooms have built-in robes, including a walk-in robe in the master.The property has an inground swimming pool, alarm system, water tanks and solar panels.Marketing agent Michael Devlin of More Estate Agents in Jindalee said the property was sophisticated and expansive and had views to Mount Coot-tha and Brisbane River.There are 116 home being auctioned across the wider Brisbane region this week on the back of 134 last week and a clearance rate of 44.3 per cent.CoreLogic auction spokesman, Kevin Brogan said Brisbane auction numbers had been impacted by the Easter long weekend followed by the unofficial Anzac Day long weekend.“The (post-Easter) bounce back nationally has been stronger this year than last year,” he said.“The powerhouse markets in Sydney and Melbourne had strong clearance rate activity but in Brisbane there are much more steady market behaviours.“The number of auction, at 116, is a decent number but fairly modest.”last_img read more


first_img Mane stands to make the same money if he puts pen to paper. But Real Madrid want him and he is also on Paris Saint-Germain’s radar. One possibility that is understood to being discussed within Liverpool is the possibility that Mane could figure in a swap deal plus £200m for French superstar Kylian Mbappe. read also:Liverpool fear Real Madrid, PSG have unsettled Mane The German’s priority, however, is to tie down Mane and move on with his plans for a major overhaul of his squad for the season to come. Klopp is determined to build on his success by adding major new names. But the name he would like to keep is Mane – and right now he is not sure if he can count on that. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The £150million-rated Senegalese star, 28, has yet to offer any indication that he will sign a new deal offered him nine months ago. And boss Jurgen Klopp is growing anxious over the situation. He has told the Liverpool hierarchy that even if Mane is contracted until 2023 he wants a firm answer on whether is he prepared to commit for longer. Liverpool are on the point of tying down central defender Virgil Van Dijk to a new £250m contract that will run till 2025 as revealed by SunSport. He is expected to sign it once he and his side complete their march to the Premier League title with their season restarting in Sunday’s Merseyside derby. That would put him on £220,000 a week and make him the highest-paid player in the club’s history.Advertisement Sadio Mane has sparked fears within Anfield that he could be ready to move out this summer. Loading… Promoted Content10 Absolutely Stunning Asian ActressesWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks8 Best 1980s High Tech GadgetsThe Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her GrandsonUnderappreciated Movies You Missed In 2019Top 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldWorld-Ending Scenarios: This Is How The Apocalypse May Happenlast_img read more


first_imgTrump added that the White House is looking into the matter.Acosta also spoke out about the controversy via Twitter Tuesday saying that the new charges and allegations against Epstein are “horrific.”Acosta added that he is pleased that New York prosecutors are moving forward “with a case based on new evidence.”As for the Florida case, Acosta said: “With the evidence available more than a decade ago, federal prosecutors insisted that Epstein go to jail, register as a sex offender and put the world on notice that he was a sexual predator.”The Florida case involved sexual abuse against minors.The new case involves alleged sex trafficking of underage girls.Critics labeled it a sweetheart deal.Related content:Charges Announced in New York Against Billionaire Jeffery Epstein President Trump broke his silence about cabinet member Alex Acosta while speaking with reporters in the Oval Office on Tuesday.The U.S. Secretary of Labor is facing severe criticism and calls for his resignation in connection to a plea-deal he helped broker for billionaire financier Jeffrey Epstein in Florida years ago.Acosta was a U.S. attorney at the time.NEW: Pres. Trump defends Alex Acosta as an “excellent” Labor secretary amid scrutiny over his role in Jeffrey Epstein plea deal, saying “a lot of people” were involved in the deal. “We’re going to look at it very carefully,” Trump adds. https://t.co/GNhIGBdUOM pic.twitter.com/OwN4ackdXn— ABC News (@ABC) July 9, 2019last_img read more


first_imgResidents of South Florida are urged to steer clear of a weekend on the water after multiple weather advisories have been issued due to “strong gusty winds.”According to CBS12, “strong high pressure located over the Carolinas will combine with lower pressure across the Caribbean to continue the tight pressure gradient across South Florida.”ENE winds 20-30 mph will gust past 35 mph at times resulting in very rough seas.A small craft advisory, high surf advisory and a high rip current risk continue, CBS 12 reports.On Saturday, seas 8-10 feet can build up to 13 feet offshore.Seas on Sunday are predicted to be 7-9 feet with large breaking waves to cause “very hazardous conditions on our beaches, including beach erosion.”last_img read more


first_imgSEVENTEEN students from the Bohemia Primary School, located at Number 19 Village on the East Coast Berbice, were recently beneficiaries from the Kendall’s Union Sports Club.The club, which continues to show that they are not only interested in sports but the all-round welfare of the residents in the area, especially youths and their education, donated haversacks and other school supplies to the 17 students, who wrote the recent National Grade Six Assessment.The club, which is one of the leading second-division clubs in Berbice recently made a presentation, and according to president Albert Budhoo, the club is excited to be of such assistance.He said that the club has embarked on a number of community-related activities, and will continue in its quest to become, not only a successful sports club, but a successful NGO.Budhoo and other executives encouraged the students to be disciplined, and to dedicate their time to their studies, put God in their lives and get involved in activities of the club, which will be beneficial to themselves and the community in a positive way.The club would like to thank S. Baichan (Amar), Metro Office and Computer Supplies, F. Ahamad and R. Guyanand for sponsoring the event.last_img read more


first_imgBEN Stokes has moved to ease injury concerns after he pulled up in discomfort while bowling late in England’s second-Test victory, in which he played a starring role.Stokes stopped bowling after four deliveries of his 15th over in West Indies’ second innings, having claimed the wickets of key batsman Jermaine Blackwood and tailender Alzarri Joseph, the latter putting England within one wicket of victory.“I’m fine,” Stokes told Sky Sports after England had won the match by 113 runs to level the series 1-1. “Just the body started to get quite stiff. I said to Broady, ‘the body’s starting to stiffen up, what do you reckon?’ and he said, ‘just stop’.“Three or four years ago against Pakistan I had the same thing and I ended up blowing my calf so I didn’t want to take that risk.”Despite bowling an 11-over spell in West Indies’ second innings, on the final day of a Test in which he had also scored a patient century and bludgeoned a fifty, Stokes rejected suggestions too much had been asked of him with the ball.“Absolutely not,” Stokes said. “Obviously, I’ll give everything to the team, whatever is asked of me. We sort of found a method within our attack to change things up when things are looking a bit dry to go to that type of bowling or being aggressive in setting the field.“Not only does it give us a wicket-taking option. It also dries it up because we feel the batsmen don’t have really anywhere to go. So, you know, once you get past that five-, six-over mark you sort of feel like you’re fresh as anything you keep going in. But I’ll always do whatever’s asked of me.”Having scored 176 from 356 balls in England’s first innings, then 78 from 57 in the second, Stokes also broke up key partnerships with the wicket of Kraigg Brathwaite in the fist innings and then Blackwood’s in the second.Asked about his contrasting performances with the bat, he couldn’t pick a favourite, but he took pride in batting long for his century while clearly enjoying captain Joe Root’s intent in sending him to open for the first time in a Test alongside fellow big-hitter Jos Buttler as England chased quick second-innings runs, a decision he said came after “a few conversations”.“Obviously Joe has the final call and that’s what he decided to go with, so it was a real positive move, I thought,” Stokes said. “It’s no good for us walk away with this game with a draw and so Joe made a real positive effort to get me get me and Jos up the order.“Looking at the scoreboard seeing 300 balls bowled feels a bit weird,” he added of his first innings, “but it had to be done.”Root, also speaking to Sky Sports, said Stokes’ starring role in the match was not the least bit surprising.“It doesn’t surprise me, you watch how he goes about his business, whether it be in practice his fitness, everything,” Root said. “He leads the way in many, many respects and he seems to want to keep getting better and better.“And we’re seeing those results out in the field as well, which is great for a lot of the younger guys coming through to see that you’ve got to put the hard yards in. He certainly does that and, you know, we’re starting to see that feed into the rest of the team, which is a great place to be.” (ESPN CRICINFO)last_img read more


first_img“As the preeminent program in the largest market in the world for intercollegiate athletics, it is my hope that we can be a leader in setting the social distancing standard for the rest of the nation,” Bohn wrote. “All of us in the Trojan Family are counting on each other to do our part in defeating our newest opponent, COVID-19.” Bohn encouraged fans to follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. “In the two weeks since our world suddenly halted, our athletic department has been singularly focused on the student-athletes whom we are unequivocally committed to serving,” the letter read. “As we face our new reality together, our attention has shifted to operational continuity during this extended remote period.” “We have in-person crisis services still available on campus for any student-athletes currently in the greater Los Angeles area who may need dedicated support,” the letter read. “We are sending out regular communications on Coping and Wellness and will be hosting a series of virtual Mindfulness Sessions for our student-athletes as we prioritize maintaining connectedness.” “Maintaining this record-breaking level of achievement is a top priority,” the letter read. “My hope is that as we successfully flatten the curve over the next few weeks, we will gain clearer visibility into the timeline for returning to normalcy,” Bohn wrote.  Regarding the 2020 football season, Bohn wrote in a different version of the letter sent to ticket holders that season ticket renewal has been extended to May 13, and the next installment processing for those currently on season ticket payment plans will be delayed until July 24. Bohn wrote that trainers have continued rehab and physical therapy at various locations near student-athletes’ residences and that performance coaches will send all student-athletes workout equipment to go along with specialized home workout programs. Bohn, who serves on USC’s COVID-19 task force, praised USC — including President Carol Folt, Provost Chip Zukoski and Chief Health Officer Dr. Sarah Van Orman — for their response to the coronavirus. According to the letter, student-athlete academic services are still operating online, and each student-athlete has been provided an academic adviser and learning specialist for frequent check-ins.  Bohn also encouraged fans to email him letters of support for USC’s student-athletes and said he will share some on his social media. center_img USC’s athletic medicine staff and team physicians are working with the school’s health and hospital staff to provide support for any student-athlete with COVID-19 symptoms, according to the letter. He added that no student-athletes have tested positive for the virus. “This pandemic is so much greater than sports,” Bohn wrote. “As members of the USC community, I want to assure you that the comprehensive response … has been as masterful and inspirational as anything I’ve experienced in 35+ years as an administrator. During a truly extraordinary, once-in-a-lifetime event, I feel deeply fortunate to be guided by the steady hand and resolute leadership of President Folt and her team of trusted advisors and partners.” Bohn said the department has kept in contact with USC’s head coaches and student-athletes and that it has created procedures for them to maintain communication with each other, including weekly virtual team meetings. Bohn said that out of USC’s more than 600 student-athletes, only seven remain on campus, all of whom are under the protection of University and athletics staff. All other student-athletes have been surveyed about updated whereabouts, travel plans, emergency contacts and any needs for assistance, according to the letter. Athletic director Mike Bohn wrote about the department’s response to COVID-19 in a letter to fans Friday. Bohn also asked fans to email him supportive messages for USC’s student-athletes. (James Wolfe / Daily Trojan) USC athletic director Mike Bohn detailed the athletic department’s response to the coronavirus pandemic and the cancellation of spring sports in a letter sent to fans Friday. Bohn said that in the fall semester, USC student-athletes put together their highest cumulative GPA in the last 20 years.  Bohn said the athletic department has created a team of 14 members to lead the new Remote Athletics Management Model that deals with student-athlete issues such as mental health, medicine, academics and compliance. He also wrote that all of USC’s sports psychology and counseling services are continuing and have moved to a virtual platform.  Bohn said that the 2020 football season and the question of extended eligibility for spring athletes still leave many unanswered questions, and the Pac-12 as well as the NCAA are working together to gain a better sense of the situations moving forward. Bohn said all athletic directors in the Pac-12 hold a conference call with Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott each morning to discuss issues related to the coronavirus. “As we assess the severe economic impacts on our program as a result of the pandemic, my primary request at this time is for you to show your love and support of our student-athletes and demonstrate the combined power of the Trojan Family,” the letter read. last_img read more